Thread: can we raid our own oasis?

Lance Naik

Question can we raid our own oasis?

what happens if we raid our own conquered oasis? is it possible? will i get resources? will this lead to something bad? like i loose my oasis

Quote Originally Posted by tarunthesmart2 View Post
    what happens if we raid our own conquered oasis? is it possible? will i get resources? will this lead to something bad? like i loose my oasis
    Nothing special will happen. You will be just raiding your own resources and bringing it back, making a net profit of Zero.
    "Thrice is he armed, who hath his quarrel just"

You'll jst bring 10% resources of your town back to your town..
    Oases always have 10% of resources of the village from which it has been captured. if you raid it, you'll bring those 10% resources back home.. i.e. nothing happens apparently, except the warm up of your troops..

Quote Originally Posted by HuNt3R View Post
    You'll jst bring 10% resources of your town back to your town..
    Oases always have 10% of resources of the village from which it has been captured. if you raid it, you'll bring those 10% resources back home.. i.e. nothing happens apparently, except the warm up of your troops..
    Not necessarily, it can also be used to your advantage sometimes :

1) Say there is an incoming raid on your captured oasis, time a raid from your own village to your oasis slightly before the incoming and the raider gets zilch or nearbouts.

2) Say you have an incoming attack on your village and you suspect/expect the attack to be real big, so naturally since you dont wanna defend you dodge. Why not time the dodge by raiding the oasis attached to that village, this way you atleast end up saving 10% of your resources.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisRulz View Post

1) Say there is an incoming raid on your captured oasis, time a raid from your own village to your oasis slightly before the incoming and the raider gets zilch or nearbouts.

2) Say you have an incoming attack on your village and you suspect/expect the attack to be real big, so naturally since you dont wanna defend you dodge. Why not time the dodge by raiding the oasis attached to that village, this way you atleast end up saving 10% of your resources.
    10 points for nemsisrulz.
    well said

Now that's a useful reply.
    thanks brother NemesisRulz
    Enjoying and learning the game.

It is possible to raid your oasis if you wanted to - nothing bad will happen

Here is some more information about raiding oases, and losing your oases, to answer the other questions in your post.

Raiding your oasis
    Raiding your oasis has no real benefit in terms of gaining resources, but you can use this for the following purposes:

1) If your village has reinforcements present, and you don't have enough merchants available to move the resources in this village - raiding an oasis attached to the same village allows you to extract resources without touching the defence

2) If you raid your oasis with your hero from another of your own villages, you can transfer an oasis from one village to another. For example - Village A and Village B both have Level 10 Hero's Mansions. But you want the 50% wheat oasis to move from Village A to Village B because it will get you more profit. Simply reinforce your hero at Village B, and send it to attack/raid your oasis. This process works the same way as conquering an oasis from another player - you will still need to lower the loyalty a few times from 100 > 0.

3) As Nemesis mentioned, you might also want to time attacks on your own oases if that specific oasis is under attack and you need to clear the resources from it.

Losing your oasis
    You cannot lose your oasis at random - only 3 things can happen to lose your oasis.

1) A neighbouring player conquers your oasis with their hero, from their village in the same 7x7. All they need to do is kill any troops in your oasis, and ensure they have the right level Hero's Mansion

2) You click on your Hero's Mansion, click on "1 oasis", and click the red X next to it - this means you are disbanding your oasis and disconnecting it from your village - it takes a few hours for the process to happen once you've clicked the red X, and the animals will re-spawn once it is done

3) If your village itself is conquered by another player, the oasis attached to that village will automatically be disconnected, and the conquering player will have to re-conquer it if they still want it. A village never comes pre-made with oases still attached.

Cant see how that will work...

You raid your own oasis and remove 10% of the resources within the village, leaving 90% of the resources behind, The attacker than attacks your oasis and raids 10% of the 90% thats left in the village

You will be reducing the attackers bounty but not by a significant amount, 1%

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Placid View Post

You raid your own oasis and remove 10% of the resources within the village, leaving 90% of the resources behind, The attacker than attacks your oasis and raids 10% of the 90% thats left in the village

Good Question, and here is the answer....

Suppose an Attacker raids an Oases and raids away 10% of the resources, then the Oases gets a kind of depleted of resources. It takes some time to get the resources generate back in an Oases.
    Thus if the attacker raids again, just after the first raid, he/she will not get the usual 10% bounty.

It takes around 10 mins for an Oases to regenrate it's resources back. Thus if the attacker attacks after, say 5 mins after the first raid, he/she will get just 5% bounty.

Hope that clears up.

Regards,
    LR
    "Thrice is he armed, who hath his quarrel just"

Quote Originally Posted by Placid View Post

If someone raids your oasis it takes away 10% from the village its atached to, it can only take 10% a day, and then it starts to regenerate, So if you raid that 10% first then the attacker can't raid it as its already gone.